Apple is taking your security seriously and it shows. The company is adding a two-step verification to the account login process so that customers don’t have to worry about unauthorized access of their Apple ID. To turn on this feature, you can log in to your account at Apple’s My Apple ID webpage.
Here’s what you do:
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com)
- Click the “Manage your Apple ID” button to login to your Apple ID
- Enter your Apple ID and password and click “Sign In”
- Select “Password and Security” in the left hand column
- Type in the answers to your account security questions if you are prompted to answer them.
- You will see Two-Step Verification at the top of the page. Click on “Get Started” and follow the on-screen instructions.
When the two-step verification is enabled, you’ll have to enter both your password and a 4-digit code to verify your account. You’ll need this information when you sign in to My Apple ID to manage your account or buy anything from iTunes, the App Store, or the iBookstore from a new device or to get Apple ID-related support from Apple.
If you want to learn more, you can peruse Apple’s FAQ page about the two-step verification process.
Image Credit: CNET