Today, Apple has released a pair of software updates for the Mac.
This update adds new card designs to iPhoto, as well as the following fixes:
- Addresses an issue that prevented the Zoom slider from being accessible in Magnify (1-Up) view
- Fixes an issue where Toolbars were not auto-hiding in Full Screen view
- Search field now correctly performs an “includes” search when searching by text string
- Fixes minor formatting issues with book, card and calendar themes
- Message Size of emails now correctly updates when changes are made using the Photo Size menu
- Addresses an issue that prevented some iPhoto 5 libraries from upgrading correctly
- Multiple book pages can now be drag-selected when in All Pages view
- Design tools in print project panels are now accessible via separate Layout and Options buttons
- Photo backgrounds applied to a book are now preserved when book type is changed
- Tab key can now be used to navigate through all text fields in a book project
The update weighs in at 112 MB and is recommended for all users of iPhoto ’11. It can be downloaded via Software Update or directly from Apple’s site.
Snow Leopard Font Update
The Snow Leopard Font Update contains fixes for Mac OS X v10.6.7 that address issues with displaying and printing OpenType fonts.
The update includes fixes that:
- Address an issue in which some OpenType fonts don’t display correctly in certain applications
- Resolve issues printing from Preview
- Address an issue with PDF files not opening in third-party PDF viewing applications
- Resolve invalid font errors when printing to PostScript printers
This update requires a restart, but is just 4 MB in size. It can be downloaded via Software Update or directly from Apple’s site.