Apple Adjusts iTunes App Pricing In Some Countries

iTunes users in some European countries are seeing slightly higher prices in the App Store, reports Macstories. For example, apps that were previously priced at €0,79 are now showing up with a price tag of €0,89. If you’d like to view all countries affected by this price increase, we’ve listed them below:

  • Italy
  • Spain
  • The Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Greece
  • Poland
  • Germany
  • France
  • Belgium
  • Austria
  • Denmark
  • Luxembourg
  • Hungary
  • Russia

Beyond price increases, Apple has also supposedly increased their cut of App Store sales from 30 percent to 40 percent in Europe, leaving developers with a 60 percent cut of sales. This information surfaced from a document sent out to all European iOS developers via iTunes Connect. Developers in the United States and Canada haven’t received this info yet as their cut remains at 70 percent per app sold.

There is no doubt that this price increase sucks for both consumers and developers as both will have to pay more to purchase apps or put them up for sale.  Apple has yet to release a reason for this price increase, though we may see one when iTunes Connect comes back online as it is currently in maintenance mode.

Andrew is a geek, Apple enthusiast, blogger and coffee lover from Chicago.