1. Upgrading now, means you won’t have to upgrade later. We all know how tight the budgets get just after Christmas. Chances are you can probably absorb the hit of a new laptop now a lot better than you could after you spend a bajillion dollars on plastic toys for the kids around Christmas. You’re really doing the family a favour here. You’re making it easier for the kids to have a better Christmas. Keeping with the holiday motif, you’re also gonna save a bundle on that new computer little Johnny wanted for christmas. How you ask? Easy, give him your old Macbook. He won’t know the difference, and he’ll probably just colour all over it with permanent markers anyway.
2. Return on investment. The faster the Mac, the more efficient you’ll be at getting your work done. That means more time to spend on the couch watching your favourite television show together–week in and week out. Actually, this could be a double-edged sword. If you hate reality tv then you might want to rethink dropping this bomb on her. Short term gain for long term pain isn’t my idea of a good time. Now that I think about it, this one probably isn’t the best idea. Unless of course, you LOVE Project Runway.
3. More time on the couch means more time to cuddle, which translates into more sex. This only applies if number two applies. It’s really a win-win all around. I shouldn’t have to explain this one much more.
4. You’ll look sexier. Seriously, how many ugly people do you see using a Mac? Not too many I bet. You know why? Sexy people use sexy products, and it doesn’t get much sexier than those new Macbooks and Macbook Pros. It’s going to be the accessory of the year and all the celebrities are buying them. Who doesn’t want to look sexy? The macbook will help you up your sexy tenfold. Next stop, cover of GQ for you.
5. You’re helping the economy, and helping your stock portfolio. We all know the state that the economy is in isn’t very good right now. What better way to prove you’re not a terrorist than spend your hard earned money on a “made at home” company like Apple. Heck, if you have stock in Apple you’ll be doubly less terroristish. Don’t let the terrorists win, buy the new Mac. Hey, if it’s working for McCain it’ll probably work for you and your wife… go be a Maverick.
If you feel left out ladies? Feel free to tell us the ways you plan on convincing that husband of yours to get the sexy new mac.