It’s odd that the biggest story this week had less to do with Macworld, and more to do with a prominent iOS developer cribbing John Gruber’s “math post” to predict that there will be an iPhone math or whatever the Galaxy-esque iPhone might be called. We didn’t really see that one coming. Anyway, the week turned out to be an eventful one. Our resident skeptic-in-chief, Harry C. Marks, did a pretty great job explaining that an iPhone math is not only a silly idea, but it’s also fundamentally not Apple.
The patent case between Apple and Samsung is also still quietly raging, and Judge Koh ruled this week that Samsung did not willfully violate Apple’s patents, which is kind of hard to believe. Check out Kaylie’s analysis for the details.
The Apple TV got an upgrade that allowed you to connect your extra bluetooth keyboard, and Josh gave us a tutorial on how to do this.
Apple also had a very quiet product launch this week, when they announced the 128 GB iPad via press release.
Check out these stories and more you may have missed:
- Survey Shows British Retailers Recommending Samsung Phones Over The iPhone
- Wozniak Didn’t Work On “Jobs” Biopic Because The Script Was “Crap”
- Apple To Open R&D Center In Shanghai In Summer 2013
- Changing Your iPhone 5?s Screen Is Actually Pretty Easy After All
- The Internet May Be For Porn, But The App Store Is Not: Vine Yanked From ‘Editors’ Choice’
- How To Connect Your Bluetooth Keyboard To Your Apple TV
- Apple Quietly Rolls Out 128 GB Model iPad
- Apple No Longer Among Top 20 In Privacy Trust Rankings
- 127 iPhones Destroyed For Fun Because Russia
- White House Petition To Remove Cell Phone Unlocking Ban Goes Live, EFF Explains
- Turn A Browser Tab Into A Temporary Note Pad With This Line Of Text
- Judge Rules Samsung Did Not ‘Willfully’ Infringe On Apple’s Patents
- Apple Trademarks Its Signature Retail Store Design
- Sorry, Your Apple TV Isn’t Getting Any Smaller Anytime Soon
- iOS 6.1 Jailbreak Gets A Name And Website
- Gabe Newell, ‘Biggest Threat To Steam Box Is Apple’
- Don’t Let Your Power Mac G4 Fall Into The Wrong Hands…
- Apple And HBO Teaming Up To Bring ‘Go’ To The Apple TV?
- Macworld 2013: CleanMyMac 2 Preview
- Apple Outsells Samsung, Becomes Top Mobile Vendor In U.S. In Q4
- Apple Acquires 18 User Interface Patents From Maya-Systems
- The iPhone Plus Is A Potential Minus
- Path Fined By FTC For Illegally Collecting Information From Children
- Tip: Hide All The Windows But The One You’re Working In
- The Best iPhone Game You Can Play In A Room With Friends