WWDC is upon us and we’re pretty stoked. On of the best things about being Apple bloggers is that we get to pretend like we know what’s coming in Apple’s development cycle. So, that being said, we decided to put together some predictions from the various writers and contributors to this site. You can find our best guesses below. You can catch us on IRC for a live chat during the keynote as well by connecting here:
We’ll also be doing a quick podcast once the event is done, so get yourself ready for that. It should be a doozy.
Table of Contents
- Video Capture iPhone. Â It’s the next logical step.
- Greater differentiation between the touch and the iPhone. They want to give us a reason to “need” both.
- Official Blu-Ray support in Snow Leopard?
- iPhone OS 3.0 and Snow Leopard release dates?
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Release date announcement.
- Revealing previous unreleased iPhone OS 3.0 features, won’t ship until Late July
- The iPhone will see a significant hardware speed increase.
- I expect there will be some more focus on background apps for the iPhone. Either an Apple created Twitter or IM app, or a third party one that they talk a lot about.
- We will see iChat for the iPhone finally.
- Users will have the ability to change their background from black to any image or color they want.
- Surprise! Multitasking on the iPhone! I mean, with the Pre out, maybe it’ll be a surprise to stay competitive?
- And iChat! I mean, the camera on the front…I have a feeling that is going to be real and it’s for iChat. Or maybe just an easier way to do self portraits?
- Can i just predict i’ll more than likely be parting with some money?