Rewind this week with these 15 stories.
Whew, what a week. WWDC came and went, here’s our wrap up post of all the news. Like every year we also got Apple’s App shopping list with their design awards. The ebook trial was in full swing with both sides coming out swinging. Though you would think the rumor mill would satiated by the WWDC news, rumors reemerged about the possibility of a giant iPhone.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- WWDC 2013: Pro, Go, Whoa!
- Thoughts On iOS 7 “Why Wasn’t I Consulted?” Edition
- Take A Look Inside iOS 7?s New App Store
- Developer Interest In iOS 7 Beta Doubles iOS 6 Beta
- Cover Your Privacy Tracks With These Tips For Maps, Waze, And Google Maps
Stories From Around the Web
- What’s the Best Smartphone for People Who Aren’t Good with Technology?
If you’re reading this site there’s a good chance that you’re family tech support. There are a lot of questions about what we let our family use for tech, usually because we’re the ones that have to make it work. This guide tries to pair each OS with its Luddite audience.
- Amazon quietly launches complete 3D printing store
Amazon opens a 3D printing store, beginning the slow move to the mainstream for the Maker’s delight.
- LEGO Faces Trend: Angrier, Smirkier, Cooler, Nuanced
Who knew that Lego faces could say so much about modern culture?
- A link to the past: why Nintendo won’t make games for smartphones
The Verge looks at why Nintendo resists making its games on other’s platforms.
- iWork for iCloud: Not Enough
Mac Power User/Productivity Crank David Sparks explains why the desktop iWork apps need a little love.