Photojojo describes it pretty accurately: iPad photography is just about as silly a full-grown adult doing a cartwheel, and yet, it’s something I’ve seen often enough. Now Photojojo is taking it one step further and strapping on a zoom lens, called the iPad Telephoto Lens for those times you just can’t get close enough to take your picture with your giant iPad.
According to Photojojo, The iPad telephoto lens has a manual focusing ring to give added control overs its shallow depth of field. It also adds a bit of vignetting and a “dreamy” lo-fi look. So while you might look a little silly, you’ll hopefully be pretty happy with the end result of your photos.
The iPad telephoto lens works with the third- and fourth-generation iPad, as well as the iPad mini. Here’s what it can do for you:
- iPad Mini version has 12x telephoto power
- iPad 3 and 4 lens has 10x telephoto power
- Using a lens to zoom lets you see farther without hurting photo quality
- Adds vignetting, a lo-fi look and all around interest to your photos
- Great for travel, concerts, landscapes, candid shots…
- Lens unscrews from mount for easy storage
The zoom lens is available on the Photojojo website for $25.00. If you’re into iPad photography, this is something you’ll definitely want to check out.