31 Tops Stories From This Week That You Probably Missed!
Unlike some tech blogs, we haven’t been breathlessly posting every permutation of television and iPad dock we could find in Vegas between bouts of industry provided booze and buffets. The week started early on Saturday with reports of a break-in at Microsoft’s offices, and the only things stolen were Apple products. Other Apple contraband turned up on Ebay when an auction was listed for a Genius Bar sign (it sold for about six-hundred bucks). Either Tim Cook took the longest trip for take out in the world, or he was in China for some serious business this week. There were dueling rumors about the possibility of a cheaper iPhone this year, made murkier by some Phil Schiller statements with just enough wiggle room to keep the rumor alive. iTunes turned twelve this week and Safari turned ten. You can run an early build of OS X on the Surface, if you’re into that sort of thing. Samsung gained five times as many patents as Apple last year, which means that we’re likely stuck with lawsuits passing for news for the foreseeable future. Here’s our weekly rundown:
- Genius Bar Sign Pops Up On eBay
- Apple Paid $6 Billion In Federal Income Tax In 2012
- Designer David Kelley Discusses “Design Thinking” And Relationship With Steve Jobs
- Adamant Technologies Wants To Turn Your iPhone Into A Bad Breath Detector
- Starbucks To Sell Square Readers In Store
- Apple Rejects Syrian Civil War Game, Endgame: Syria, From App Store
- Apple CEO, Tim Cook, Visits China Again, Has Meeting With Government Officials
- David Bowie Releases New Album After Ten Year Break With iTunes Pre-Order
- Amazon Prime Makes Its Way To Canada
- 13 Year Old Boy Pulls Emergency Brake On Train After Dropping iPhone
- Straight Talk To Start Carrying The iPhone
- T-Mobile Has 1.9 Million iPhones On Its Network
- Is A Cheaper iPhone Later This Year An Actual Possibility?
- Prediction: Tablets to Outsell PC Notebook Sales This Year
- Apple CEO, Tim Cook, Pops Up At Apple Reseller In China, Takes Photos With Staff
- Happy Birthday iTunes!
- Microsoft To Kill Messenger On March 15 – Users Will Be Migrated To Skype
- Looks Like Twitter Hasn’t Given Up On Tweetdeck After All, Gives It Some Love… Barely
- Apple Reduces Thunderbolt Cable Price, Intros Shorter Cable
- Apple Updates The App Store’s Screen Shot Policy
- The iPad and the Surface: a tale of two tablets
- Apple’s “Retina” Eyeball Image Lawsuit Settled With Swiss Photographer
- Apple Researching Location-Based Emergency App For The iPhone
- A Cheaper iPhone Would Get Apple 65% Of Smartphone Market
- Phil Schiller Confirms That Apple Will Not Be Producing Cheap Phones
- Want To Run Mac OS On Your Microsoft Surface? There’s A Hack For That!