Infographic: A Quick Peek Into The 2012 App Store
| Monday, December 17th, 2012
The folks over at Appsfire have put together a nifty little infographic that takes a look at the trends on the App Store in 2012. In case you don’t feel like looking through the whole thing (attached below), here are a few of the more interesting facts from Appsfire:
- There are more than 1 million apps created and approved by Apple in the App Store.
- There are less new apps being published year-over-year, which means growth is decelerating.
- Free apps are clearly doing better than paid apps — 74 percent of apps published in 2008 were paid compared to 34 percent this year.
- On a more negative note, over 25 percent of the apps submitted and approved have been pulled from the store.
- Only under 1000 of apps reached the top ranks of the App Store in the U.S. in 2012.
- An estimated 600,000 apps never got substantial traction.
- Games represent less than 17 percent of the total number of apps in the App Store, but they make up most of the apps that appeared in the Top Ten.