Tweetbot For Mac Receives 1.0.1 Update, Adds Reading List Support
Even though Twitter may be trying to kill off third-party clients altogether, the folks at Tapbots have been continuing to iterate its popular Mac app, Tweetbot. Today the company released version 1.0.1 of the application, which brings a couple much requested features like integration with Apple’s Read List in Safari. If you plan to use Reading List, make sure you’re running OS X 10.8.
Tapbots has also added j/k controls to Tweetbot for Mac. If you’re unaware, j/k controls were developed by Bill Joy and allow users to scroll up and down their Twitter timeline, using the J button to advance forward, and the K button to scroll down your list of tweets. If you’ve ever used j/k controls before, you probably know how convenient they are.
Also included in the update:
- added support for Reading list as a Read Later service (10.8+ only)
- added j/k navigation support in timeline
- added ability to disable Streaming in Preferences
- improved keyboard support in people searcher
- fixed an issue where timeline would scroll down to tweets that were already read
- fixed streaming on accounts with > 1500 followers
- fixed various other reported issues
Image Credit: Tapbots