Cassandra Khaw, October 28, 2012
If you can’t think of anything better to do this late Sunday, here’s a list of iOS 6 features that you may not know about from Auto-o-Mobile. They may entertain you for the few minutes necessary to verify the legitimacy of these claims.
- Custom alarms are now possible. No longer will you be restricted to using ringtones on the device, you’ll be permitted to use whatever you like from your musical library. Want a recording of yourself going, ‘You’ll have a bad time if you don’t wake up now?’ Totally do-able as well.
- Siri can now launch the app you want. In fact, all you have to do is say ‘Launch’ followed by the name of the application. Of course, there’s no guarantee that she’ll be capable of comprehending your accent still.
- Get walking instructions now. Tap on the bent arrow and choose ‘directions’. It’ll show you your recent destinations and allow you to pick between modes.
- You can now archive, cancel and delete messages more easily on Gmail. All you need to do is tap and hold the archive button with a message open.
- Decide who makes your phone buzz in iMessages. All it takes is you heading down to your iPhone settings and electing only to be interrupted by those currently in your contacts.