Apple has just pushed out a major update to OS X weighing in at over 700 MB. The update brings a number of patches to Lion, including a major update to FileVault that patches the recent security bugs.
Hit up your Software Update.
What’s Included In The Update?
The OS X Lion v10.7.4 update includes fixes that:
- Resolve an issue in which the “Reopen windows when logging back in” setting is always enabled.
- Improve compatibility with certain British third-party USB keyboards.
- Addresses permission issues that may be caused if you use the Get Info inspector function “Apply to enclosed items…” on your home directory. For more information, see this article.
- Improve Internet sharing of PPPoE connections.
- Improve using a proxy auto-configuration (PAC) file.
- Address an issue that may prevent files from being saved to an SMB server.
- Improve printing to an SMB print queue.
- Improve performance when connecting to a WebDAV server.
- Enable automatic login for NIS accounts.
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
- Improve the reliability of binding and logging into Active Directory accounts.
- The OS X Lion v10.7.4 Update includes Safari 5.1.6, which contains stability improvements.
For more information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.Follow @macgasm