Apple releases updates for Java for Mac for Leopard and Snow Leopard
Both updates bring several improvements and fixes and bring Java to version 1.6.0_26. You can find the change-logs and links for both updates after the break.
Apple’s change-log for update 5 for Mac OS 10.6.6 or later reads:
[quote] Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5 delivers improved reliability, security, and compatibility for Java SE 6. Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5 supersedes all previous versions of Java for Mac OS X 10.6. This release updates Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0_26. [/quote]
You can grab the update here.
And for update 10 for Mac OS 10.5.8 and later, Apple gives the following description:
- This release updates J2SE 5.0 to 1.5.0_30, and updates Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_26.
- J2SE 1.4.2 is no longer being updated to fix bugs or security issues and remains disabled by default in this update.
- Support for out-of-process Java applets on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard has been removed with this update.
- This release is only for Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later versions of Mac OS X 10.5.
- This release of J2SE 5.0 supports all Intel and PowerPC-based Macs. Java SE 6 is available on 64-bit Intel-based Macs only.
Get the update here.